[oe] Init process help please

Bernard Mentink Bernard_Mentink at trimble.com
Wed Aug 10 02:49:18 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

I am porting Linux to an imx31 based target and have the kernel booting
and the NFS filesystem booting and I see the kernel messages in the ram
buffer uptill where it states:

"Freeing init memory: 104K"

However, I do not see any more messages regarding the init process, how
do I know if it has started? (By the way, I don't have a serial console
working at present ..)

I am currently exporting a root filesystem via NFS, I am not sure If I
am doing it correctly but I have:
"console=ttymxc0,115200 root=/dev/nfs ip=dhcp
nfsroot=10.3.16.71:/export,v3,tcp" as my kernel argument and I have
un-compressed my root file system
Into my /export directory .... i.e I have bin/sbin/home etc under
/exports ... is this correct?

By the way I have built the Angstom-console-ads31.. Image.

I am not sure what program starts, is it /sbin/init? It currently is a
link to /sbin/init.sysvinit

The root filesystem seems to be mounter as per ram dump:

.<4>     device=
eth0, addr=10.3.
16.116, mask=255
.0.0.0, gw=255.2