[oe] Startx? Where is it?

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 11 06:19:45 UTC 2011

2011/8/11 Bernard Mentink <Bernard_Mentink at trimble.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I have finally got a booting console image (Angstrom) logged in via SSH
> and now want to try and get X working.
>
> I have built the Angstom-x11-image and have unpacked it into my NFS root
> ... but the problem is I see no startx command. How do you start X in
> this distro?
In OpenEmbedded-Core [1] there is startx for my image (efl-nodm-image).
On your current image maybe you could try init [2][3] ?
Also this may help you [4]

> I have also built frame-buffer support into my kernel, can someone tell
> me how to test that ..
In the past there was a program called fbtest [5], but I don't know if
this works.

[1] http://openembedded.org/index.php/OpenEmbedded-Core
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Init
[3] http://serverfault.com/questions/98215/start-xorg-using-init-d-script