[oe] Startx? Where is it?

Bernard Mentink Bernard_Mentink at trimble.com
Thu Aug 11 20:39:53 UTC 2011

Hi Charles,

I don't seem to have a /dev/fb0, even though I cave compiled in MXC
framebuffer support and framebuffer console .... So no penguin just yet.
Had a good look though the config options and turned on everything that
seemd to be relevent ... But no joy.

I don't have an xinit program or /usr/bin/Xfbdev ..

By the way, I have a few kernel modules in my root filesystem (not to do
with the framebuffer, built that as static) but tried a modprobe on
the box to try and load a module, but it complained about not finding it
.. Also lsmod shows no modules loaded by automagically by udev ..

Cheers,
Bernie