[oe] ERROR: Please set the 'PERSISTENT_DIR

Kendall York theyorks42 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 13:40:34 UTC 2011

Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 2010/6/8 Soumya R <Soumya.R <at> kpitcummins.com>:
> > Hi All ,
> >
> >   I am getting the error while configuring the bitbake
> > [root <at> fedora12 bitbake-1.8.18]# bitbake nano
> > ERROR: Please set the 'PERSISTENT_DIR' or 'CACHE' variable.
> > I got the sources of the bitbake and gave following commands
> > python setup.py build
> > python setup.py install
> >
> >  Please help me out to resolve this error..
>
> I suggest following the instructions:
> http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Getting_Started
> guess your local.conf is not ok or not present at all.
> Google has plenty of pages on this (and some actually carry answers  )
>
> FM

Ok so here is the deal. If you followed the getting started guide and only typed
the Set Enviroment cmds into the terminal than the window you have open is the
only one that bitbake will work in. You have to set your profile up so that the
PATH is set for your shell. Or you have to manually set PATH each time you open
a new terminal window.

Kendall