[oe] [beagleboard] Unable to build Angstrom meta-toolchain

Stefan Herbrechtsmeier sherbrec at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Aug 19 09:33:47 UTC 2011

Am 18.08.2011 19:48, schrieb Peter Housel:
> On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 15:10 +0200, fabian büttner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am having troubles compiling the Angstrom SDK.
>>
>> I used the angstrom-setup-scripts to configure OE, sourced the
>> environment settings and built the base-image/console-image with bitbake.
>>
>> While trying to compile the meta-toolchain, just when bitmake finishes
>> downloading task-sdk-bare_1.0-r2.6_armv7a.ipk, I am getting an error
>> output like this:
>>
>> http://pastie.org/2390409
>>
>> After that, I tried building the meta-toolchain(i did a bitmake clean
>> meta-toolchain) without '-j2' but the error I receive is ultimately the same:
>> * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies
>> * for task-sdk-bare:
>> *   libstdc++-dev *
>> * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package task-sdk-bare.
>>
>> Unfortunately I am too unexperienced with OE/Angstrom to fix bugs like that.
>> Maybe someone could give me a hint how to get around this show-stopper?
> I can confirm that I've been seeing this as well on recent
> 2011.03-maintenance, but haven't had a chance to troubleshoot the root
> cause yet.

It was inbtroduced with commit 105d881227d06f31c180dffb777ee63361b2f2b8
"gcc: Package libstdc++ gdb python helpers into dev package".
If no helpers exist the empty package will not be generated.
I have try to add
ALLOW_EMPTY_libstdc++-dev = "1"
to gcc-package-cross.inc but this breaks meta-toolchain as the files in
${prefix}/${TARGET_SYS}/usr/include/c++ are missing.

Only removing libstdc++-dev package from gcc-package-cross.inc fix the
problem.

Regards,
      Stefan