[oe] [2011.03-maintenance] Unable to build meta-toolchain

Stefan Herbrechtsmeier sherbrec at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Aug 24 10:03:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

commit 105d881227d06f31c180dffb777ee63361b2f2b8
  'gcc: Package libstdc++ gdb python helpers into dev package'
breaks meta-toolchain generation. See also [1]

This commit adds dev packages (libstdc++-dev libgcc-dev) to
gcc-cross (gcc-package-cross.inc) which are already part of
gcc. The libgcc-dev package both include the libgcc_s.so file
which triggers a 'file is already provided by package' error on
incremental builds. The libstdc++-dev package have different
content and triggers a 'Cannot satisfy the following
dependencies for task-sdk-bare' error. If an empty
libstdc++-dev package is generated it triggers a
'..../usr/include/c++ not exist' error as this is part of the
package from gcc but not gcc-cross.

For me the gcc-package-cross.inc part of the patch looks wrong
as the dev packages are already part of the gcc recipe and the
python helpers should only be removed from libstdc++ package.

I have the problems with my own machines (armv5te, armv7a)
as well as with a fresh beagleboard build for angstrom-2008.1.

Regards,
     Stefan

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org/msg20425.html