[oe] upstart vs. task-proper-tools

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Wed Aug 24 12:31:14 UTC 2011

On 24.08.2011 13:03, Steffen Sledz wrote:
> We like to create an upstart based image. Therefor we use
>
>   IMAGE_INIT_MANAGER = "upstart upstart-sysvcompat sysvinit-utils"
>
> inside our image recipe.
>
> Unfortunately our image somehow inherits task-proper-tools which contains an RDEPEND for sysvinit. This results in
>
> -------------------------->snip<-------------------------
> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package upstart-sysvcompat wants to install file /home/sledz/work/HydraIP/OE/tmp.6/rootfs/hydraip-hipox-devimage/sbin/runlevel
> |       But that file is already provided by package  * sysvinit
> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package upstart-sysvcompat wants to install file /home/sledz/work/HydraIP/OE/tmp.6/rootfs/hydraip-hipox-devimage/etc/init.d/rcS
> |       But that file is already provided by package  * sysvinit
> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package upstart-sysvcompat wants to install file /home/sledz/work/HydraIP/OE/tmp.6/rootfs/hydraip-hipox-devimage/etc/init.d/rc
> |       But that file is already provided by package  * sysvinit
> |  * check_data_file_clashes: Package upstart-sysvcompat wants to install file /home/sledz/work/HydraIP/OE/tmp.6/rootfs/hydraip-hipox-devimage/etc/default/rcS
> |       But that file is already provided by package  * sysvinit
> |  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package upstart.
> -------------------------->snip<-------------------------

BTW:
What is the exact meaning/purpose/use of task-proper-tools?

The list contains a lot of tools with existing alternatives (e.g. syslog-ng vs. rsyslog or pump vs. dhcpcd). If an image contains for example rsyslog and task-proper-tools then syslog-ng is installed too although it is not used (rsyslog has a higher u-a prio). So it senselessly occupies image space. :(

Steffen

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058