[oe] upstart vs. task-proper-tools

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Wed Aug 24 14:34:06 UTC 2011

On 24.08.2011 14:36, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> W dniu 24.08.2011 14:31, Steffen Sledz pisze:
>> BTW:
>> What is the exact meaning/purpose/use of task-proper-tools?
>
> Replace busybox components by full versions. Was made years ago and then
> updated by several people. While working for BugLabs company I used it
> to create rootfs without busybox.
>
>> The list contains a lot of tools with existing alternatives (e.g. syslog-ng vs. rsyslog or pump vs. dhcpcd).
>
> Then propose change which will allow to install one of them only at time?

Sorry, but my knowledge is not sufficient to do this. I've no idea how to reference u-a related tools here.

Who can help?

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058