[oe] How to prevent fetching?

Dave Beal dbeal at cardinalpeak.com
Wed Aug 31 17:25:18 UTC 2011

My company is using OE to develop the embedded Linux infrastructure of a
medical device.  The US government agency that approves such devices
(FDA) requires that its source code be strictly controlled.  We would
like to configure our OE installation to prevent the fetching of new
source code except when we explicitly allow it.

Is there a way to accomplish this that doesn't require modifying all the
individual .bb files?  Is there a global configuration option that would
prevent fetching?  I've looked through the OE and Bitbake User Manuals,
but haven't found an answer.

Thank you!

Dave Beal
Cardinal Peak, LLC