[oe] `PR = "r0"`: Add or not to add?

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Wed Aug 31 22:35:32 UTC 2011

On 08/31/2011 06:43 AM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 10:30, Koen Kooi<koen at dominion.thruhere.net>  wrote:
>>> Besides, this is also on the policy
>>
>> The OE classic policy maybe, not on the meta-oe policy[1].
>
> ETOOMANYPOLICIES
>
>>> so or you change the policy or you follow it. Otherwise makes no sense to
>>> have a policy if the person who merge the patches do not follow it.
>>
>> - From http://wiki.openembedded.org/index.php/Category:Policy I read:
>>
>> http://wiki.openembedded.org/index.php/Commit_Patch_Message_Guidelines
>> http://wiki.openembedded.org/index.php/Commit_Policy
>> http://wiki.openembedded.org/index.php/Commit_log_example
>> http://wiki.openembedded.org/index.php/Styleguide
>> http://wiki.openembedded.org/index.php/Versioning_Policy
>>
>> And none of those say PR = r0 is wanted behaviour. OTOH it doesn't say it's
>> unwanted either.
>
> So until it is explicit we might keep PR = r0 as it seems most people
> prefer this way.

As long as we are all chiming in, I would like to see all of us decide
once and for all what to do.

I also prefer the explicitly setting PR = "r0". Can we work out the
troublesome cases and see if we can get them fixed? Also, what is the
oe-core view on this?

Let's work out what the technical answer is and go from there.

Philip