[oe] Help building console-image

Chris Watkins chris.watkins88 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 04:30:04 UTC 2011

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure exactly what you mean but I tried
"helloworld-image" and get the following:

Configuring opkg-collateral.
| Configuring angstrom-feed-configs.
| Configuring angstrom-version.
| Collected errors:
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package helloworld.
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package opkg.
NOTE: package helloworld-image-1.0-r0: task do_rootfs: Failed
ERROR: Function 'do_rootfs' failed (see
/media/oe/tmp/work/mini2440-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/helloworld-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.29810
for further information)
ERROR: Task 14 (/media/oe/openembedded/recipes/images/helloworld-image.bb,
do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: '/media/oe/openembedded/recipes/images/helloworld-image.bb' failed

However, "nano" completes successfully. The problem seems to be with opkg.
I don't know enough to actually know what opkg does (is this the package
manager for angstrom?) Any help is appreciated.

Chris