[oe] Failure expanding variable PRINC[:=], expression was ${@int(PRINC) + 1} which triggered exception NameError: name 'PRINC' is not defined

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 20:37:44 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am seeing  this
>

> Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main build
> NOTE: angstrom DOES NOT support libiconv because the eglibc provided
> iconv library is used          | ETA:  00:00:22
> NOTE: angstrom DOES NOT support libiconv because the eglibc provided
> iconv library is used          | ETA:  00:00:22
> ERROR: Failure expanding variable PRINC[:=], expression was
> ${@int(PRINC) + 1} which triggered exception NameError: name 'PRINC'
> is not defined
> ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1
>
> when parsing angstrom-2010.x distro after deleting the builddir and
> doing clean slate build
>
> I see lot of those expressions are coming from
> meta-shr and other layers in meta-smartphone
>
> Does someone else encountered it ?

OK something like this in bitbake.conf helped

PRINC ?= "0"

however there are further parsing errors
ERROR: Unable to analyse format of PR variable: ${MACHINE_KERNEL_PR}a
ERROR: Unable to parse
/home/kraj/work/angstrom/sources/meta-ti/recipes-ti/dsplink/ti-dsplink_1.65.00.03.bb
00:00:01

however I think I will take it to meta-ti ml