[oe] [[RFC] 0/4] license.bbclass: License Manifest Stage 1

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Sun Dec 4 16:46:46 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Beth Flanagan
<elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com> wrote:
> Please see commit messages for full description:
> This RFC includes:
>
> - License manifest implementation in preparation for SPDX manifests.
> - fixes to how licenses are collected. We now can support accurate licenses
>  during a parallel bitbake.
> - optional addition of license manifest to the generated image.
> - optional addition of full common-license directory to the generated image.
> - additional licenses, more SPDX mappings.
> - ability to add custom license directories instead of adding license files
>  to common-licenses.
> - some recipe fixes to fix LICENSE fields.
> - removal of license functionality of base-files as it's now redundant.
>
> These patches require the included commits by Paul Eggleton in order to
> function. Specifically, it requires list_installed_packages in rootfs_*.
>
> Please note. License manifest does not work with .deb packaging yet. When
> list_installed_packages is working in rootfs_deb, I'll patch include deb.
>
> The following changes since commit 9be6d59b78510443d0944513503d515df13caa45:
>
>  dpkg-native: Fix perl path (2011-12-02 15:31:08 +0000)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>  git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib eflanagan/license_m1
>  http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=eflanagan/license_m1

Nice work on all of this :) Small nits:

- 74efa4d: you revert the bb.data.getVar -> d.getVar change to busybox.inc.
- e1a3bfe: license_create_manifest uses a combination of space and tab
indentation. please pick one :)
- e1a3bfe: license_create_manifest uses a more complex pipeline with
more execs of sed than is necessary. This will do it:

    pkged_pn="$(sed -n 's/^PN: //p' ${filename})"
    pkged_lic="$(sed -n '/^LICENSE: /{ s/^LICENSE: //; s/[+|&()*]/ /g;
s/  */ /g; p }' ${filename})"
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com