[oe] [[RFC] 0/4] license.bbclass: License Manifest Stage 1

Flanagan, Elizabeth elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com
Sun Dec 4 21:41:50 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Flanagan, Elizabeth <
elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net>wrote:

>> Op 04-12-11 04:42, Beth Flanagan schreef:
>> > Please see commit messages for full description: This RFC includes:
>> >
>> > - License manifest implementation in preparation for SPDX manifests. -
>> > fixes to how licenses are collected. We now can support accurate
>> > licenses during a parallel bitbake. - optional addition of license
>> > manifest to the generated image. - optional addition of full
>> > common-license directory to the generated image. - additional licenses,
>> > more SPDX mappings. - ability to add custom license directories instead
>> > of adding license files to common-licenses. - some recipe fixes to fix
>> > LICENSE fields. - removal of license functionality of base-files as it's
>> > now redundant.
>> >
>> > These patches require the included commits by Paul Eggleton in order to
>> > function. Specifically, it requires list_installed_packages in rootfs_*.
>> >
>> > Please note. License manifest does not work with .deb packaging yet.
>> When
>> >  list_installed_packages is working in rootfs_deb, I'll patch include
>> > deb.
>> >
>> > The following changes since commit
>> > 9be6d59b78510443d0944513503d515df13caa45:
>> >
>> > dpkg-native: Fix perl path (2011-12-02 15:31:08 +0000)
>> >
>> > are available in the git repository at:
>> > git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky-contrib eflanagan/license_m1
>> >
>> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=eflanagan/license_m1
>>
>> Do
>> >
>> you have a version that is actually again OE so people can test it?
>>

> All the changes should work against OE-Core (since all the changes are to
> that layer only).
> I'll pull the latest OE master and test against it though to verify.

Against OE-Core master, with those 4 commits cherry-picked I was able to
build core-image-minimal with what looks like the correct manifest:

http://pastebin.com/FpH1zUNP

I did have to fix a few things as I had pushed a bad branch (hence some of
the formatting issues Chris picked up on that I had thought I had fixed),
however, it all seems good now.

-b

--
Elizabeth Flanagan