[oe] xserver-common and x11-common conflicting

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:24:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:42:08AM +0200, Andrea Adami wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> using oe-core and meta-oe my xserver settings are "touched" by two packages:
>>
>> xserver-common: seems more complete, provides some xmodmaps (should be in
>> BSP layers). Though it invocates fbset which is not in path.
>> x11-common: needs maybe care but is using the formfactor settings from BSP
>> so obviously is more modular
>>
>> I suppose once the merge is finished we'll have sane default settings.
>> (atm the xserver-common is providing some extra cruft)
>
> It was part of my original xorg patchset, but it needed more work
> (rework ROOTLESS_X) and you wanted xorg in oe-core faster :).
>
> --
> Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com

Well, I verified the issue is still open and that xserver-nodm-init
have diverged even more.
In practice if I don't mask the one in meta-oe the xserver does start
and immediately shut down.

Now, it would be nice if those remaining bits could be
merged...unfortunately I lack the knowledge about intrinsic relations
with initscripts/systemd. I'm ready to test and perhaps debug once
committed, though.

Regards

Andrea