[oe] Documentation problems

Bill Traynor btraynor at mvista.com
Wed Dec 7 05:01:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Bernhard Guillon <
Bernhard.Guillon at opensimpad.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Nov 2011, Tom Rini wrote:
>
>  Hey all,
>>
>> As things stand today, the wiki is out of date and a number of folks
>> refuse to work on it.  Using things like "It's all text!" for firefox
>> only go so far and don't solve problems like people just avoiding
>> documentation anyhow.
>>

> Hi,
> today I wanted to create a Template:We-move-to-oe-core (something like
> this artikle is a stub) to mark all pages which needs a change and inform
> new users about the move to oe-core. I created an account but I am unable
> to edit anything. I even cannot edit my user page.

This is fixed now.

I've just implemented  Email Confirmation for New Users to the wiki with
auto-promotion to the 'User' group to allow for editing.  I also switched
the Captcha from recaptcha to QuestyCaptcha with a simple question about
Linux that's easily google-able.  This scheme has worked well for a number
of months on elinux.org, so it seemed prudent to try it here as well.

More wiki improvements to come.

Thanks
Bill