[oe] Capture output of shell command in bb variable

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Thu Dec 8 08:40:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm not a bitbake or Phyton guru so I wonder if anyone could help with this. Is it possible to capture the output of a shell command in a bitbake variable during parsing of the recipes?
What I like to do is something like:

SVN_URL = some-phyton-stuff ( svn info |grep 'URL:' |cut -f 2 -d ' ' )

The reason is that I have some in-house developed software in the same SVN repo but I like the recipe for building it to be independent of the repo URI and still be able to set PV using the SVN revision.

Any help is appreciated!

Mats