[oe] packages versioning

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 9 15:59:23 UTC 2011

>> One more query regarding this - how do I remove
>> packages I do not want included in the final image? Is there a way to do
>> that (fairly) easily?
>>

> Yes, create your own image recipe.

I was hoping that there is an easier option ("(fairly) easily" being the
keywords here)!

I tried to trace where these packages are derived from, but could not
find anything. For example, I'd like to remove ash (and possibly the
whole BusyBox setup) and replace it with bash and their package
equivalents. By looking at the tasks/ as well as images/ directories I
couldn't find where these packages are derived from, hence the above
question.