[oe] packages versioning

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 9 18:57:15 UTC 2011

> The creation of the filesystem image is driven by a number of
> components. Basically it works like this:
Thanks a lot for that - a good insight into the workings of oe and
bitbake. I was hoping there would be an easier way to configure/change
this to what I want, but I see that it is much more complex than I
thought initially.

> I have a spreadsheet (OpenOffice 17k, or Excel 81k) that lists all of
> the current breakdowns.  If you are interested send me an email off list.
I am interested (excel would be nice, thanks), but don't know your email
address (all I get when responding to 'all' is the mailing list email
address) - if you know mine, you could send me that and I'll have a look.

I take it there isn't an easy way to see the hierarchy of all
packages/dependencies involved in a particular image, is it (your
spreadsheet may be good, but I suppose it is static and reflects just a
current snapshot of a given packages/dependencies and that might change)?

If all else fails, I might use ipkg on the target system to uninstall
the packages I don't need and install new ones - not ideal by any means,
but this is what I'll do only as a last resort, if all else fails.
Thanks again for the thorough response!