[oe] Enquire > Initramfs

#LOH KHAI PING# Y080067 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Sat Dec 17 07:19:15 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I am currently doing research on openembedded for my project. I facing some problems hoping you guys can enlighten me. I manage to follow this tutorial www.3open.org/d/oe/build_kernel_with_inline_initramfs  to create a initramsfs(.cpio)+kernel . It manage to get boot up on my board. But when I try to load it separately it fails.

I try to load .cpio.gz and kernel. For example I load my .cpio.gz at 0x21000000. I pass this address as initrd to my kernel but my kernel cant seems to find .cpio.gz . Below is the error message.

http://pastebin.com/Li22FBER

Really wish you guys could assist me.

Regards,
Khai Ping