[oe] OE-Core transition documentation

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 21 15:06:07 UTC 2011

Hi all,

It seems we still haven't made an announcement on the website about the OE-
Core transition. I did write a wiki page about it [1] but never got around to
linking it from the main page. What I'd like to do is the following:

1) Add a short news entry mentioning the transition and pointing people to the
OE-Core page.

2) Extend the OE-Core page to help people understand how to make the
transition a bit better:
 * Describe how the mailing lists function
 * Add info on how to add a layer to your setup
 * More info on what should go where and what to do if something's missing
I'm starting to wonder if this page ought to be turned into an FAQ type
document.

3) Try to figure out how to reorganise the main page so having a link from
there to the layer index [2] makes sense

Comments? Suggestions? Please let me know if you have questions about OE-Core
that aren't fully answered by the material already on the OE-Core / layer
index pages.

Cheers,
Paul

[1] http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded-Core