[oe] Question about package prefix

Giuseppe Condorelli giuseppe.condorelli at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 15:40:55 UTC 2011

Hi Paul,

many thanks for your support (see below).

2011/12/28 Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com>

> On Wednesday 28 December 2011 10:40:47 Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> > any advices?
> > Thanks again,
> > Giuseppe
> >
> > 2011/12/20 Giuseppe Condorelli <giuseppe.condorelli at gmail.com>
> > > looking at the link Paul suggested me I cannot see anything that can be
> > > address me to solve my problem.
> > > The lone modification I can see here is the prefix, exec_prefix, etc...
> > > setting inside micro.conf file, but this
> > > is not good to help me.
> > > I'm showing an example:
> > >
> > > 1) imagine we have a package rpm, for example zlib
> > > 2) rpm -qpli zlib.rpm (let me to call the package in this manner) will
> > > show a list of the included files plus other info.
> > >
> > >    All of those will have absolute path (/usr, etc...)
> > >
> > > 3) What I need is to change this to a prefixed one (for example
> > > /opt/test/distro/usr, etc...)
> > > 4) I need this for all package in my distribution
>
> So I'm not entirely sure I understand why this doesn't solve your problem.
> For
> your purposes you should have your own distro config file
> (conf/distro/distroname.conf) and set DISTRO = "distroname" in local.conf,
> and
> AFAICT then you should just need to set the *_prefix variables in the
> distro
> config as micro.conf does. You can look at classes/nativesdk.bbclass in
> OE-Core
> for another example of setting these prefixes.

What micro.conf does is to put all the *_prefix variables to "".
Also to create an sdk is not my scope, I need to build a base-image distro
and, running "bitbake base-image", this will not use nativesdk.bbclass
AFAIK.
I tried to modify *_prefix variables but, everytime, build failed at a
given point.
I repeat, what I need is to obtain the rpm packages with %files containing
relocated information (see above).

What's your idea?
Regards,
Giuseppe