[oe] [OE] Python2.7.2 compatibility

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 28 17:04:00 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 28 December 2011 17:57:33 Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> This is the log error I catch, I can think it is due to python but maybe
> I'm wrong.
>
> ---------------------------------
> bitbake base-image
> ERROR: There is a comment on line 24 of file
> /home/condorg/work/openembedded/recipes/ekiga/ekiga_git.bb (#
> --enable-static-libs \) which is in the middle of a multiline expression.
> Bitbake used to ignore these but no longer does so, please fix your
> metadata as errors are likely as a result of this change.

OK, this has nothing to do with Python version - you're using a new BitBake
version with the OE classic metadata and the two are not compatible for the
reason shown in the error - comments are no longer allowed within multi-line
expressions.

There are three choices:

a) Switch back to an earlier version of BitBake (e.g. 1.12.x)
b) Move up to OE-Core [1]
c) Go through and fix all of these comments

Cheers,
Paul

[1] http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded-Core

--