[oe] python-distutils_2.6.6: config/Makefile contains sysroot

Chris chris.sarra at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 20:40:39 UTC 2011

Kartik Mohta <kartikmohta <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > you should try to figure out why binutils was build without sysroot. Check
> > the configure args for binutils-cross
>
> I guess there was some misunderstanding, the problem is that the
> Makefile on the target contains references to the sysroot on the host.

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm having a similar problem now trying to
build matplotlib on an embedded processor running angstrom linux (python 2.6):

<<
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.5.3/../../../../arm-angstrom-linux-
gnueabi/bin/ld:
this linker was not configured to use sysroots
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
error: command 'arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++' failed with exit status 1
<<