[oe] Policy on (committing) large (1MB) machine specific patches?

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:15:45 UTC 2011

Hello,

I would like to submit another machine to OE, but I need to bring in
vendor patches (which do not apply cleanly) modified by me, so they
have no Internet presence.
The patches measure in 1MB of plain source text.

Is it policy to commit this? Where is the limit?

I see we have lots of large patches:

cd openembedded.git/recipes/linux/
ls -Sshr `find . -type f -regex .*patch$`

...many of them appearing multiple times in the checkout:

ls -Shr `find . -type f -regex .*patch$` | xargs -L1 md5sum

eating disk space on the build machine.

Regards,
--
Leon