[oe] qt4*-image and qt 4.6.3?

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Wed Feb 2 16:40:41 UTC 2011

Hey all,

Currently none of the qt4*-images build for qt4 4.6.3.  This is because
building with -xmlpatterns in 4.6.3 isn't viable (it's not a trivial fix
to enable it, for some reason...) and it's embedded into the image
recipes themselves in some cases, rather than tasks that can be
RRECOMMENDED.  I see two courses of action here:
1) Just say the images don't build on 4.6.x (and I'll drop trying them
from my builder)
2) Rework the qt4e-*images to use a new task-qt4e-base and update
task-qt4-x11 to RRECOMMEND the xmlpattern bits.

Currently angstrom-2008.1 and kaelios-2009 pin to 4.6.3 and are in-tree
(and I know Arago also cares, but is out of tree and I'm not suggesting
we drop qt 4.6.x). Thoughts?  Thanks!

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation