[oe] tslib Issue

Neil MacMunn neil at gumstix.com
Wed Feb 2 17:31:34 UTC 2011

I am seeing the same thing using the omap3-palmtop-image for Gumstix
Overo. On first boot, /etc/X11/Xinit.d/89xTs_Calibrate doesn't find
/etc/pointercal so it runs ts_calibrate. The calibration doesn't take
effect until I reboot though - restarting gpe-dm doesn't solve the problem.

I think that the library /usr/lib/ts/linear.so looks for /etc/pointercal
and defaults to some preset values if the file doesn't exist. I thought
that restarting gpe-dm would reload linear.so (which fuser suggests it
does) but this doesn't solve the problem. It would appear that I am
missing something...

--
Neil