[oe] profiling howto?

Holger Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Thu Feb 3 09:00:56 UTC 2011

On 02/03/2011 09:05 AM, Steffen Sledz wrote:

> Hmmmm? This doesn't seem to work. :(
>
> If local.conf contains this
>  ------------->snip<------------
>  PROFILE_OPTIMIZATION = "-pg"
>
>  SELECTED_OPTIMIZATION_pn-libsoup = "${PROFILE_OPTIMIZATION}"
>  LDFLAGS_pn-libsoup =+ "-pg"
>
>  SELECTED_OPTIMIZATION_pn-libgupnp = "${PROFILE_OPTIMIZATION}"
>  LDFLAGS_pn-libgupnp =+ "-pg"
>
>  SELECTED_OPTIMIZATION_pn-libgssdp = "${PROFILE_OPTIMIZATION}"
>  LDFLAGS_pn-libgssdp =+ "-pg"

Just a general remark, using bitbake -e -b libsoup.bb you will see what
bitbake has as input and how it is expanding it... also look at OVERRIDES to
see if maybe something 'stronger' is winning.

For gprof... a couple of years back there was some work to make it work in the
cross compilation environment, I assume by default it will still try to create
the .gc* files in the path of your build directory.... you will most likely
need to create these on the device.