[oe] libnl vs. libnl2 madness

Thomas Zimmermann ml at vdm-design.de
Thu Feb 3 09:54:08 UTC 2011

On Thursday 03 February 2011 10:32:53 Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> The last hours I was trying to compile wpa_supplicant with nl80211 support.
> That needs netlink support through libnl or libnl2.
>
> Enabling the option to use libnl2, not that easy to find, still breaks with
> missing header files. Checking the libnl2 source shows that they are
> provided. After some head on the table banging I found:
>
> commit 880e00d3b7ccf66d9421a06bc28e553e07842b59
> Author: Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at vanille-media.de>
> Date:   Tue Nov 24 16:33:06 2009 +0000
>
>     libnl2: change includedir to not step over libnl1; also convert to new
> staging

At that time there was just one recipe depending on libnl2 and that was FSO2.
I think one month ago JaMa has build the first SHR image without libnl(1),
until then it was impossible because of some important parts. I'm not sure but
i think the main blocker was bluez4 (Can't check now).

But i think there are a lot minor packages that still require libnl and don't
support libnl2.

Regards
Thomas