[oe] profiling howto?

Holger Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Thu Feb 3 12:14:40 UTC 2011

On 02/03/2011 01:07 PM, Steffen Sledz wrote:

> But i've no idea what the real problem is. It looks like it's not related to the ".init_array" but to the missing `mcount' symbol.

This symbol access get added by gcc due the -pg option. Now the question is
who should provide this symbol? I would assume it is glibc (actually grepping
glibc source tree shows it is in gmon/mcount.c).

I am not sure why you want to use gprof but anyway...

a) do not use gprof on glibc...
b) change the tests to have a mcount symbol...
c) more options here.