[oe] profiling howto?

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Thu Feb 3 14:25:09 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 12:11 +0000, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 13:07 +0100, Steffen Sledz wrote:
> > conftest.c:(.text+0xc): undefined reference to `mcount'
>
> That looks like your C library was either built without profiling
> support, or is using a different profiling ABI.  (I think there was a
> change in this area for ARM EABI sometime around gcc 4.4, and glibc
> might not have caught up with it.)

Oh, I just noticed that it's glibc itself you're trying to build with
profiling on.  You need to not do that, or at least not by the mechanism
you're trying to use.  If you really want to profile glibc itself then
there is an --enable-profile configure option which will do the right
thing.  Otherwise, you need to suppress the PROFILE_OPTIMIZATION when
building glibc.

p.