[oe] libnl vs. libnl2 madness

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Wed Feb 9 10:00:06 UTC 2011

Hello.

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 15:08, Stefan Schmidt wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 13:42, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > > 85	ANGSTROM_BLACKLIST_pn-iw = "iw depends on libnl we want libnl2"
> >
> > Need to check latest version for libnl2 support. Should not be to hard to change
> > it.
>
> Koen spotted that it should be workig with libnl2 and a build test was positive.
>
> > > I didn't check if those can be built with libnl2 or if they work properly with libnl2.
> >
> > As you can see I would be willing to work on some of these. Personally I would
> > aim for getting the recipes over to libnl2 and the kill libnl1 for good in OE.
>
> I have an patch removing it but this may have just to many sideeffects on our
> metadata. Koens pointed out that we maybe should switch the inc dir from libnl
> to a "wrong" place and leave libnl2 header at the correct place. Obviously we
> need to fix most of our recipes for libnl2 before such a step.

To make this step less frustrating for current users I added the libnl2
includedir path for wpa-supplicant and iw in the recipe to get it working with
libnl2.

After the release I would like to take it a step further and move the libnl2
header files and adjust only the few recipes that have not been converted to
libnl2. Which is of course also something I try to look at.

regards
Stefan Schmidt