[oe] 2011.03 release testing, starts soon!

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Wed Feb 9 14:47:44 UTC 2011

On 02/09/2011 02:25 AM, Aeschbacher, Fabrice wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There are two things which could be useful (IMO) for OE users:
>
> 1. a small README file (or wiki page) just highlighting the main
>     changes since last release (2010.12), e.g. something like
>     "Prominent features (the cool stuff)" on http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>     This would help us OE users to decice whether it is worth rebasing on the latest
>     release now, or if it can wait

Great idea!  I've added a place-holder to the wiki page for the release.

> 2. Do not delete the release branch after 2011.03 will be released (just like
>     it was done for 2010.12), but let it live and allow developpers committing
>     bug-fixes (backporting choosen things?) reported back by OE users (some would
>     would be happy to contribute this way)

My _hope_ is to not have to make a branch to take from, but we shall
see.  Beyond that, I see the discussion about keeping something that's
not just top of tree alive as an important but only related discussion.
  Starting from the release tag is probably the best bet, should
something want to happen in that direction.

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation