[oe] debian.bbclass issues when some package is substring of another

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 11:45:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 11:22:32AM +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> After last rebuild from scratch I got
> Package libncursesw (5.7+20110115-r16.6)
> instead of expected
> Package libncursesw5 (5.7+20110115-r16.6)
> which I had before (and which is _still_ in depends of packages needing
> it - like ie screen)

To be more clear about that issue:

second buildhost
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libpanelw, libpanelw5            <= ok
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libmenu, libmenu5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libmenuw, libmenuw               <= bad
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libncursesw, libncursesw5        <= ok
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libformw, libformw5              <= ok
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libtic, libtic5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libticw, libticw                 <= bad
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libtinfo, libtinfo5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libncurses, libncurses5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libform, libform5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libpanel, libpanel5

my buildhost
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libformw, libformw5             <= ok
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libncurses, libncurses5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libncursesw, libncursesw        <= bad
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libpanelw, libpanelw5           <= ok
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libmenuw, libmenuw5             <= ok
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libtinfo, libtinfo5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libpanel, libpanel5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libtic, libtic5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libticw, libticw                <= bad
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libform, libform5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libmenu, libmenu5

my buildhost after removing prepend=True in ncurses recipe
-        do_split_packages(d, libdir, '^lib(.*)\.so\..*', pnbase, 'ncurses %s library', prepend=True, extra_depends = '', allow_links=True)
+        do_split_packages(d, libdir, '^lib(.*)\.so\..*', pnbase, 'ncurses %s library', extra_depends = '', allow_links=True)

DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libticw, libticw5              <= ok
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libmenu, libmenu5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libmenuw, libmenuw             <= bad
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libform, libform5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libformw, libformw             <= bad
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libtic, libtic5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libpanel, libpanel5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libpanelw, libpanelw           <= bad
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libtinfo, libtinfo5
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libncursesw, libncursesw5      <= ok
DEBUG: setVar PKG_ncurses-libncurses, libncurses5

so it really depends on order in PACKAGES which in this case also depends on
for walkroot, dirs, files in os.walk(dvar + root) (from package.bbclass)
which isn't consistene even between 2 buildhosts.

Alphabetical descending sort should give better results (substrings later),
but is it right thing to do? And can we do it in do_split_packages as sorting
whole PACKAGES var is not possible due to order how FILES_ are used.

Regards,
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com