[oe] debian.bbclass issues when some package is substring of another

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 10:06:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:15:17AM +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> I'll try (b), but imho you have same problem there (if you have
> -dev/-dbg for such package names and they are in wrong order, even worse ie:
> PKG_ncurses-libncurses-dev, libncurses-dev    <= ok
> PKG_ncurses-libncursesw-dev, libncursesw-dev  <= works only because
>   ncurses-libncursesw is mapped to libncursesw which is the same like
>   s/ncurses-libncurses/libncurses

for now I've tried just reverse sorted order of calling auto_libname,
see sent patch.

sofar it looks ok and works right for ncurses, only in even stranger
situation t will fail (old unsorted behavior too) ie when
resulting SONAME is substring of some package.

mapping like this:
ncurses-libncursesw > libwidecurses
ncurses-libncursesw-dev > libwidecurses-dev
libwidecurses > libwcurses
libwidecurses-dev > libwcurses-dev

which will probably replace _again_ not only its own package
libwidecurses but also new libwidecurses (originaly ncurses-libncursesw)

but this situation looks really improbable and can be ignored

Maybe we can be more strict and call replace only from begining?
-newpkg = pkg.replace(orig_pkg, devname, 1)
+newpkg = re.sub('^'+orig_pkg, devname, pkg)

Regards,
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com