[oe] Release-2011.03: current branching plans

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Wed Feb 16 00:36:56 UTC 2011

Hey all,

I want to make sure everyone is clear on my plan for the release at
current.  We've had our first testing branch done on the 10th and have
gotten a number of good reports and a few bug reports back.  I plan to
update the branch again on the 17th and depending on how we look update
again possibly on the 21st or 22nd, and for certain on the 24th.

Where we stand on the 24th will dictate what happens next (with one
possibility being that we tag that).  Once the release has happened I
will leave it to others, if there is consensus and all of that, to work
on branch based on the tag.  And by that same token I do not plan to
make any "cherry pick" style branch prior to the 24th at the earliest.

Thanks all!

--
Tom Rini
Mentor Graphics Corporation