[oe] debian.bbclass issues when some package is substring of another

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Thu Feb 17 16:33:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 11:36 +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> Ah sorry, I didn't read your (b) properly, now I see last sentence about
> "longest substring".
>
> But that's mostly what reverse sorted patch does now, isn't it? Longer
> patterns are replaced before their shorter substrings (which then
> matches only to their proper packages, because longer were already
> replaced while handling longer pattern and "normally" doesn't match
> anymore).

Yeah, I think that's probably true.  I haven't managed to convince
myself entirely that the reverse sorting patch is safe in all
situations, but neither have I been able to think of a case that my
algorithm would get right and yours would get wrong.  So I think you
might as well go ahead and check in your patch, and we can revisit it in
the future if further problems do pop up.

p.