[oe] Bitbake 1.12.0 released!

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Sun Feb 27 22:15:57 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Chris Larson <clarson at kergoth.com> wrote:

>>> It's a dumb question, but what are the intended restrictions on python version
>>> for running bitbake?  1.10 seems to work fine with python2.7 whereas I can
>>> only get 1.12 to work with python2.6.
>>
>> Just to add another datapoint to the python version restrictions: it
>> seems that bitbake 1.12 requires python 2.6.4 and fails with python
>> 2.6.2 (which means that bitbake 1.12 doesn't work on Fedora 12 or earlier).
>
> FYI, from some quick testing in a f12 chroot and creation of a test
> case outside of bitbake, it appears we're hitting
> http://bugs.python.org/issue5331, whose root cause is
> http://bugs.python.org/issue5155, which refers to
> http://bugs.python.org/issue5313.  Looking into this now, it's
> possible we could replace the appropriate method of Process in our
> subclass with the one with the fix.

https://github.com/kergoth/bitbake/compare/master...f12-hang
https://github.com/kergoth/bitbake/commit/12d9095

This fixes the parsing hang on Fedora 12 for me.  Note that I'm not
sure about the version check.  We could just use this version of
_bootstrap all the time, but I'd rather avoid this for future
versions, as we could miss fixes.  We should determine if this fix was
in python 2.6.3.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com