[oe] Missing GLIBC_<version> tags on binaries

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Mon Feb 28 15:08:20 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 13:43 +0000, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 21:34, Phil Blundell <philb at gnu.org> wrote:
> > Is it actually including -lpthread during final link?  Failing to do
> > that is the most obvious reason for not getting the right version
> > information.
>
> It does -pthread that supposelly does it plus -D_REENTRANT IIRC.

Yeah, it does seem to be doing the right thing there.  And indeed some
of the sem_ symbols are getting correctly versioned, it's just a couple
(sem_post and sem_wait I think) which are not.

It looks at first inspection as though this might be a linker bug,
though I can't immediately see anything very special about freerdp that
looks like it would be causing things to go wrong.  Some further
debugging needed, though it'd be interesting to know whether it works
any better with gold for example.

p.