[oe] Missing GLIBC_<version> tags on binaries

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Mon Feb 28 17:17:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-28 at 16:49 +0000, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 15:08, Phil Blundell <philb at gnu.org> wrote:
> > It looks at first inspection as though this might be a linker bug,
> > though I can't immediately see anything very special about freerdp that
> > looks like it would be causing things to go wrong.  Some further
> > debugging needed, though it'd be interesting to know whether it works
> > any better with gold for example.
>
> How could I make it to use gold? I am stuck on that issue since it is
> block us to advance on the development of a product :-(

Good question.  For local testing, I think it might be sufficient to
add:

EXTRA_OECONF += "--enable-gold=default"

to your binutils-cross recipe.  You can verify whether it's worked by
running "i586-oe-linux-ld --version" and checking to see whether it
claims to be gold or not.

That's definitely not a patch that you ought to check in, though.  For
wider consumption I guess there ought to be some kind of knob that
DISTROs can tweak to select the linker of their choice.  As far as I
know there isn't any such mechanism at present.

p.