[oe] Missing GLIBC_<version> tags on binaries

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon Feb 28 22:47:32 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 22:43, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Otavio Salvador
> <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 22:19, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Does -pthread get passed to linking step too or not. if it does then
>>> it might the order at which libpthread appears and linker picks the
>>> symbols from.
>>
>> It is done as suggested by gcc docs. It is passed on CFLAGS and
>> supposely gcc ought to take care of adding it to linking flags
>> automatically. No?
>
> gcc could be used for linking too and then it should consider the LDFLAGS
> CFLAGS are for compiling.

>From gcc manpage:

       -pthread
           Adds support for multithreading with the pthreads library.
This option sets flags for both the preprocessor and linker.

It seems to me that it sets both automatically, in this case.

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br