[oe] H1940 Boot Issues -> Executable Build Problems?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 06:44:08 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 10:34 AM,  <openembedded at rkmorris.us> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> As I have been debugging this it's looking more like a build issue - so let me try the developer group, in case someone here has seen this before.
>

> Copying over the key point from below ... I (successfully) built the helloworld-image,

what was MACHINE and DISTRO and OpenEmbedded revision you used ? I
think I asked same qestion when you posted this to oe-users ml. If you
are not going to provide information then I am afraid not many can
help you here

but cannot run the resulting helloworld binary on the target machine -
it does execute under QEMU, which doesn't provide support this CPU
(arm920t - armv4t). However, a functioning binary from the target
(armv4t) machine runs on the target, but not on QEMU (as expected). So
it seems that OpenEmbedded is not building for the right machine
(which is strange, as the OpenEmbedded built kernel works!).