[oe] Bitbake Architecture, Roadmap, Maintainers and the future

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Tue Jan 4 14:56:10 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> The split between the code in general in bitbake is in general ever
> improving in my opinion. Chris has some some really great work on
> bitbake recently, particularly making it more pythonic. Some of the
> changes just before the holidays, particularly the UI changes on the
> cooker to UI relationship make me uncomfortable, particularly if they
> mean the xmlrpc client/server code no longer works. My concern is that
> they cross the boundary into what I'd class as regressing an API
> boundary, particularly one that is only in the early stages of being
> properly established and that we very much need. I don't know if this is
> an API you use or not but its the kind of thing we need to be careful
> about. FWIW, its independent of the parallel parsing code and other
> changes which is partly why I'm so concerned it was merged as is :(.

Unless you think parallel parsing is the only work I've done on
bitbake, I fail to see what it being independent of parallel parsing
has to do with anything.  Of course it's independent.  It's entirely
different work for an entirely different purpose, done on different
branches, and trying to compare them is pointless and means nothing.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com