[oe] FOSDEM stand organization thread

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 09:25:35 UTC 2011

2011/1/6 Robert Schuster <thebohemian at gmx.net>:
> Hi,
> I intend to use this posts' thread for organizing the OpenEmbedded stand
> for FOSDEM 2011. The event takes place on the weekend of the 5th and 6th
> February.

Thanks for taking this up~

> I hijacked the FOSDEM 2011 OE-Wiki page[0] and added the necessary bits
> to allow people signing up for the manning stand etc. If you can help
> please add your name to any of the suggested lists.

I don't consider the wiki page as hijacked.
Using the page for getting things organized etc etc is imho perfectly
within the scope of the page.
And it is a wiki so everyone is able to contribute.

I merely created the page as a copy of the 2010 page (editing out the
2010 specific bits).
This was needed as I asked ka6sox to update the news section and the
news section contains a link to the page.

> Furthermore this thread is supposed to serve all remaining questions
> regarding OE's FOSDEM 2011 participation.
>
> First question by me? Do we still have printed OE flyers and the posters
> around? If so, who has them and is this person attending? (If not I
> suggest sending them to me or giving them to someone who goes to FOSDEM).

I suspect the posters are with Florian.
If they are not available any more I *might* be able to get them reprinted.
In that case I probably *do* need some help from Leon (who printed the
previous set iirc) and I *do* need the sources.

> Note: Remember to book your tickets soon. The event is due in 4 weeks!

Tickets? for Fosdem? Ah you mean airline tickets.
I'll be traveling by car. Only 1 - 1.5 hr drive :-)

(and happy to take carpoolers from my area (SW of Eindhoven) or
carpool with someone else passing by on the A67 (I live between
Eindhoven and Antwerp).

I can also bring some stuff, but probably nothing extremely exciting.
I have: eeepc/sheevaplug/openrd-client/beagleboard/beagleboard-xm/hawkboard,
as well as media renderer devices)
If I need to bring something, let me know.

Frans