[oe] Multiple Repository support

Vitus Jensen vjensen at gmx.de
Fri Jan 7 15:30:11 UTC 2011

Hi Cliff,

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010, Cliff Brake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've started collecting ideas from various emails on multiple
> repository support.
>
> http://wiki.openembedded.org/index.php/MultipleRepositoryMethods
>
> Please feel free to update the above page.

I seem to have no account and only administrators may create one.

> In my mind, this is a key problem we need to solve, not just for
> Yocto/OE, but also for anyone doing product development.
>
> I've personally been using git submodules for most projects, and repo
> for Android based projects.
>
> Appreciate any ideas, experiences, or insights into how we solve this problem.

>From the list mentioned in that page I only used git submodules so far.
Handling could be simpler, that's right.  On the other hand there was work
done in git regarding submodules, see

http://git.kernel.org/?p=git/git.git;a=commit;h=4bb4d30095fbc3b1689cc656e71f6a51e43fbd69

16-dec-2010.  So perhaps some of the bad things will be easier in the next
release.

Vitus

--
Vitus Jensen, Hannover, Germany, Universe (current)
pgp public key available from keyservers