[oe] openjdk-6-vm-shark on armv6 (ARM1176)

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Thu Jan 13 13:43:11 UTC 2011

Ken Gilmer wrote:
>   I have built OpenJDK with shark for armv6 (iMX.31) and have not had
> any problems.  I haven't done a whole lot of testing, but enough to say
> it should work.  More details here:
>
> http://community.buglabs.net/kgilmer/posts/213-OpenJDK-on-BUG-1-3-Devices-Update-now-with-shark-

Cool, thanks. I'm also using iMX.31. Do you have time to try something?

java -shark -Xbatch \
     -XX:+PrintCompilation -XX:CompileThreshold=100 -version

That will force it to compile code after fewer iterations, and for me it
fails the first time it tries to compile anything:

   1   b   java.lang.String::hashCode (60 bytes)
Stack dump:
0.      Running pass 'ARM Instruction Selection' on function
'@"java.lang.String::hashCode"'

Mike