[oe] Yocto Project and OE - Where now?

Graeme Gregory dp at xora.org.uk
Tue Jan 18 07:21:37 UTC 2011

On 17/01/2011 19:01, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

> - where possible stick to one recipe per package. This reduces the
> maintenance work and reduces the QA nightmare of lots of different
> permutations.
> I feel one recipe per package should be the common case for
> applications, and preferably also for libs (although I am well aware
> that especially in the latter case multiple versions cannot always be
> avoided).

OE is not a distro so this is a non starter already, please don't bog
down this discussion by re-opening this again. Angstrom 2008, Angstrom
2010, kaelios and slugos are all released distributions with different
versions of apps just as a starter and they arent even near the total
number of distros in OE.

Graeme