[oe] Yocto Project and OE - Where now?

Graeme Gregory dp at xora.org.uk
Wed Jan 19 08:58:46 UTC 2011

On 19/01/2011 08:45, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

>> * The maintainer can have as many versions as he wants to.
> my preference: not in the main layer.

I suspect all that is going to happen with this attitude is the recipes
in the main layer will end up not maintained as the recipe maintainer
will just maintain them in his own layer. Leading to fracturing of OE
which is what we are trying to prevent. Sometimes you are just going to
have to accept that the recipe maintainer knows best and knows what he
is doing.

Graeme