[oe] openembedded-core git repository

Graeme Gregory dp at xora.org.uk
Wed Jan 19 14:48:30 UTC 2011

Hi, this email is sent as an ordinary member of OE.

It seems to be on a technical level we are agreed that we should split
parts of OE out into the so called openembedded-core which will have a
stricter commit access and higher QA requirements on changes.

I therefore think it is time to actually create the repository and let
the people who are interested in merging the good stuff from poky with
the good stuff from openembedded to create our "core". I don't think
there is any need to wait on the political part of the Yocto/OE
collaboration as its something we have agreed in principal to do anyway.

I would request then that the TSC drive this forward with the server
admins and create this repo so work can happen.

Graeme