[oe] openembedded-core git repository

Graeme Gregory dp at xora.org.uk
Wed Jan 19 16:01:10 UTC 2011

On 19/01/2011 15:32, Eric Bénard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 19/01/2011 15:48, Graeme Gregory wrote:
>> It seems to be on a technical level we are agreed that we should split
>> parts of OE out into the so called openembedded-core which will have a
>> stricter commit access and higher QA requirements on changes.
>>
> (this question may be stupid as I haven't yet read the other thread
> concerning Yocto/OE).
> What is openembedded-core vs
> http://cgit.openembedded.net/cgit.cgi/meta-openembedded/ ?

It is the distilling of toolchains/classes/basic tools from OE/poky to a
small tightly controlled repository with tighter access controls with
the aim that making a minimal image out of this repo should always work
(tm). Basically the minimal subset of OE that is still useful.

meta-openembedded then builds on this to give the rest of OE that we see
now.

Graeme